Monday, February 23, 2015

Books We Loved This Term by Sophia and Eleanor

Some of my favourite books have been: "In A Blink" by Kiki Thorpe. it is chapter book that I was able to read all by myself, and it is about fairies, fairies, fairies! and girls go come to Neverland by accident and I really like this author because she is so cool.

I read another Junie B book Called "Boo...And I mean it!" It wasn't really my favourite, it was just an "ish - ish"  kind of book.


I have read a lot of National Geographic "Weird But True" and "Amazing Facts" books. By Eleanor.

We listened to the audio books of  "The Mouse and The Motorcylce,", "Runaway Ralph", and "Ralph S. Mouse" and "Ribsy" all by Beverly Cleary. 
"I like Ralph because he is adventurous, cool and has a mind of his own." -Eleanor 
"I find it very creative how Beverly Cleary associates Ralph's feelings to what an actual mouse would do if it were put in those situations."- Sophia


We listened to "Little House in the Big Woods" By Laura Ingalls Wilder and We did "The Shore of Silver Lake" by her too as a read-aloud. 

"I like how adventurous and outgoing Laura Ingalls and fascinating she is. I learn a lot about early American history from it. I liked hearing the stories of laura's grandpa and her dad and her cousins too." - Eleanor
"I enjoyed how it gives you a sneak peek into pioneer life and I like to think of how all these adventurous stories of people hunting bears and getting chased down by panthers and making cheese and butter and maple sugar home-made and stories of wonderful dances and the cosy woods are all true." - Sophia 
Sophia: The books I've read this term are "A Whole Nother Story", "Another Whole Nother Story", and "No Other Story" by DR. Cuthbert Soup, whose actual identity is the guy who wrote "Ice Age The Final Meltdown." I would highly suggest these books because  they are chock-full of adventure, romance, a desperate race through time and space, and unsolicited advice.



I've also read "Minion" by John David Anderson about a boy who is learning to become a villain, which is a companion book to "Sidekicked" which I read last term and is about a boy who is training to become a super hero's side kick and eventually a super-hero himself.

I've also read a book called "Braids, Buns and Twists! A Manual to 82 Fabulous Hairstyles" because I am planning to become a hairstylist and a bank accountant and maybe even a novelist when I grow up.



No comments:

Post a Comment