Wednesday, February 4, 2015

This Thing Has a Snazzy Title! by Eleanor





Light! Amazingness! Guaranteed for FUN! And scientific!

This term  am learning about light. I love light. it is fun. This is me at Science World, actually making yellow and different colours. I can make blue, orange, purple all by light, taking away spectrums!  Its different from mixing paint because you can take away them. Like when you take away the yellow from yellow light you get a different colour.

And on something else there was this rainbow coloured dish cloth and when I turned the wheel, it changed the colour of the light which changed the colour of the dishcloth.



This is me having crazy fun and doing and things with reflecting mirrors!





This is me sleeping under the Christmas tree with the Chrsitmas lights. Ahhhh, LED lights, sooooo - fireproof. I'm glad we didn't out candles in our tree that night.


We have also done some experiments with light. We took some video of two of them but it didn't turn out.

The first one was when I taped a dime to the bottom of a bowl and then I tried to see the dime over the edge of the bowl, in the bottom but then Sophia poured water in the bowl and when the water was in, I could see the dime, but then the water went out and I couldn't.

I think it was because of the light reflecting through the water that I could see the dime.

The other experiment that we did was one where I took a plastic bottle and I poked a hole in it and then we filled it up with water and we turned out the lights,  and we shone a flashlight to the hole and the water which was spraying out into a bowl lit up. Chug! Chug! Chug! I was saying in my mind to the bottle. it was very fun yelling chug! chug! chug! in my mind. I learned that from the Madagascar penguins show where they chug egg nog.



 

Then just last week on a sunny day I was getting a glass of water and all of a sudden I noticed a rainbow!!!!!!

And cool stuff, the reason how the light went like that was because of the shape of the glass, it had rectangles at the bottom.  And then I burst into tears and yelled "I have found a way to kiss a donkey!!!" Just kidding, I didn't really cry or say that. but I did think it was superdy dupredy cool and  I liked how I could see the whole spectrum of light through that glass of water!




No comments:

Post a Comment