Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Needs of Living Things by Eleanor


This is my friend Saoirse and me planting her Mum's garden.  We took little planting cups and then we put some fertilizer in them and then we made little holes for the seeds to go in, then we put them in and covered them up, and then we watered them and put them in her Mum's greenhouse.

Well, what do plants need? They make food from the sun, and the dirt makes them grow, from a seed. Now there is an indoor green house, a cilantro plant growing and lots of things growing!


I helped my Mum plant our garden in our front yard and now it is growing with all different plants too.


Me and my Mum like walking in the forest near our house with our friends and our cousins who do not live here, except Mason, whose name is Deadpool. DEADPOOL!

Now, back to Living Things that aren't dead. DEADPOOL! Back to the news, let's hear from you, Cara, whats the weather like there Cara? Oh, I would like a cookie please. Ok, Ok, I'm just kidding.


This is a Douglas fir pine cone. The seeds look like little mouse feet and we heard a First Nations Legend about mice being frozen the pine cones. More and more douglas fir trees spread around the world because the mice feet are seeds, and this tree drops out the pinecones and dirt covers them up, and then it ......rains... and then... the sun comes out.... and then there is sprout and it gets bigger and bigger each year and it turns into a Douglas Fir tree, whoever this Dougie guy is.






As you see, these big things, they are giant plants and they are growing on other stuff, not dirt. As you see, this big fat tree stump has another tree growing on it. And as you see, the giant mushroom it is growing on a tree and it is very unusual how giant it is and if we cut it off and ate it, it would be creepy.

I was also very happy when I got to bring the class pets home. I fed them and loved their gooshieness.


Speaking of other living things, a freaky thing happened and I don't want to talk about - ok, I'll talk about it! I have a fish named Violet and I'm learning how to take care of her, so I was cleaning her tank, and we don't have a hot water heater in our house right now so we had to boil some water and let it go down to room temperature, and it took over breakfast time and she was in this glass jar you can see in the picture.



Now, after breakfast, I came bak in the room, and I found no Violet in the jar and I screamed and yelled, "MUM! VIOLET IS GONE!" and it was so freaky and so scary, I thought that my little brother tried to pick her up in the jar and then throw her out the window, but we asked him and he didn't know where she was.



And then, the whole entire family looked to see where she was, and presto-rama! My dad found her! She was still alive without any water. She had gathered up all of her courage and had jumped out of the jar. She landed right straight smack-dab in the drawer and it was presto-rama cool and freaky and we put her back in her tank straight away, and presto-rama! The morning was back together.










No comments:

Post a Comment