Monday, February 17, 2014

Needs Of Living Things by Eleanor



This is a forest by my house. This is a picture of rocks on a tree, but the amazing thing about it, if I could zoom in, I could see crystals. The crystals looked like they were diamonds. They were growing straight out of that tree, and my mind was BLOWING!

I don't think they were ice. The top picture is of me next to some frozen mushrooms growing on that same tree. Which looked like pecans and butterflies. I can't believe that trees can grow stuff, like mushrooms, and plants, when they are dead and fallen down.  That dead tree is food!


Right here, I am planting flowers in front of my house. I had to make sure the roots were down in the ground so that they didn't die because roots deliver the food to the rest of the plant which comes from the dirt. We have to make sure it gets sun and water. This plant is called hen and chicks.


My brother Pax gave me these flowers for my birthday. They are so darn stinkin' beautiful! He didn't want to buy me flowers that would die, so he bought me the kind that has roots. I will plant them in my garden.


This is a picture of my NEW PET Violet. She is a fish, a female beta fish. I have to clean her tank every week, which isn't that hard, and yesterday, the best part happened. I scooped her out of her tank - because you have to do that, of course - by myself, without anyone else in the kitchen, without any supervision. I take out her rocks, and I think I might move her plant again next Sunday. I have to wash the rocks, and change the water. But she has to still have a little bit of the old water. Then I put in new water with special formula which is stress relief formula for fishes. It makes the tap water feel like pet store water.

I got her with money from my Nanna and Papa Edwin for my birthday.



I called her Violet because she is purple and in the pet store with all her little friends, she was purple. We saw her get stressed when she was in the car driving home with us and she turned pinky-red. But now she stays purple. And also on the top she has a little tiny fin, and her side fins are red.



Now THIS is a picture of today. I made Violet her very own cute little scenery. I made her a moon picture and I made a flag out of pencil crayon, tape and and a toothpick, and in this picture it looks like she is actually planting the flag - FIRST FISH ON THE MOON!


This is my birthday party. and we are eating cake. For my birthday, I raised money for the SPCA. I did that because I really love animals and I think they are just so precious and that everybody should not be mean to animals. I learned about the SPCA from school because my friend Lauren who used to go to my school and she said to raise money for the SPCA so we learned about it.

Plants and animals are very special to me, so take care of them! by Eleanor, age SEVEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment