Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Brownie Badge; All About Canada by Eleanor

I did it my All About Canada badge. I painted a picture on a T-shirt of maple leaf flag. The Maple leaf is a symbol of Canada because the maple tree grows in Canada.

Here is a set of Canadian coins. The Twoney has a polar bear on it. The Loony has a loon on it because it swims in the lakes of British Columbia. On the back of a quarter there is a caribou. It has a caribou on it because the Caribou roams in Canada. The dime has the famous Bluenose on it. The Bluenose is a famous fishing ship which came from Nova Scotia. The nickel has a beaver on it because it is a symbol of Canada. In the fur trade people used to trap beavers and use them as hats and blankets.


I made a collage of the provincial flower, mineral, bird, flag, and tree of British Columbia. The the flower of BC is the Pacific Dogwood. The mineral of BC is Jade. The tree of BC is Western Red Cedar. The bird of BC is the Steller's Jay.

A bear would also make good Canadian symbol because it roams in Canada and is a part of our country. A killer whale would also make a good symbol. Because it also roams in the seas of Canada and there are not many of them left.

What it means to be Canadian is it doesn't just mean that you are Canadian if you were born in Canada. If you were born somewhere else in the world you can become a Canadian citizen citizen by going to a special ceremony. Canadians can be all different kinds of people. They can be white people, black people, and brown people. What makes us different from other people in the world that we are all different and definitely special. 

Some of the rights as a Canadian is we have a choice to vote and the government has to be fair to us and honest. As a little girl I have the right of people being fair to me and me being fair to other people and nobody's allowed to just throw me into jail. And also I'm not allowed to just throw someone in jail and blame them them for something that they didn't do.  I have some responsibilities. 

Responsibilities that I have is I'm not allowed to shoot anyone or any animal or cut down every single tree in the world.  I'm not allowed to shoot every animal in the world because they also help us by making food for other things and they lay eggs and help other things grow. 




No comments:

Post a Comment